The following are some of the top models of underground dog fencing that is available online today.
This Innotek underground dog fence System covers up to .33 acres. You can choose the appropriate setup to keep your dog within desired boundaries and away from off-limits areas of your property, such as pools and flower beds. Innotek’s patented run-through prevention offers secure and reliable containment. This fence works with all breeds, and size of dogs and is easy to install. Included are:
- Water-resistant receiver with adjustable collar
- 500 feet of wire
- 50 training flags
- Interchangeable contact points (long, short, and test light)
- Operating and training DVD guide.
This underground dog fence is suitable for dogs over 10 pounds. It can be used to cover up to 100 acres. Installation just involved installing the wire around the perimeter and plugging in the transmitter with the included adapter. Your dog wears a collar that receives a signal from the wire if he ventures too close to the boundary. Training instructions are included. Other features include:
- In-ground fence system for dog containment and training
- 4 adjustable electric correction levels plus beep- and vibrate-only modes
- 1,000 feet of wire and 100 flags included; expand the area with Wire and Flag Accessory Kit (SDF-WF)
- Limitlessly expandable for more dogs with purchase of additional collar-receivers
- Anti-linger feature keeps dog from pacing boundary’s edge
This electric dog fence is suitable for dogs over 8 pounds. A radio signal is transmitted through up to five hundred feet of boundary wire. This is enough to enclose up to 25 acres. The dog wears a collar through which correcting tones of stimulations are delivered depending on proximity to the boundary wire.
- In-ground radio-fence containment system for pets weighing 8 pounds or more
- 500 feet of boundary wire encloses area up to 25 acres; lightning protection
- Collar gives warning beep or static correction when pet strays into warning zone
- Manual and video CD included to ensure proper installation and training
- Transmitter measures 2 by 4-1/4 by 4-3/4 inches; receiver 3/4 by 2 by 3/4 inches
An underground dog fence is an alternative to a wireless pet fence. These fences are a good option if you do not want to dramatically disturb your landscaping or spend thousands of dollars on traditional above ground fencing systems. This method of containment is safe for your dog and much easier to maintain than a solid fence. The fence is buried under the ground and works with an electronic collar to keep the dog contained in exactly the boundaries you wish. One benefit of an underground electric dog fence compared to a wireless dog fence is that you can shape the boundary any way you want as opposed to having a circular containment field.
This type of invisible dog fence can be marked with flags and usually only require a few training sessions for the dog to automatically respect his or her boundaries. These fences are typically easy to install but you should look for models that come with training DVDs and informative manuals.
Hopefully this has provided you with some good information on the types of underground dog fence that are available. For more information on an wireless dog fence check out the appropriate page on this site by clicking the link or for a general discussion on fences for dogs please refer to the home page.